Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday the 22nd of February, we are pleased that we can finally begin plans for re-opening (again). In accordance with the Spring 2021 Roadmap we are planning to be able to offer:
- Individual schools for day activities or sole use of our site and facilities for outdoor education from the 8th of March – group sizes up to approx. 60 children/or a class bubble. All activities on offer on our website are available, please get in touch to discuss packages.
- From the 29th of March, outdoor sports for all (children and adults).
- From the 12th of April, indoor sports for under 18s.
- From the 17th of May we are planning for all group residentials to be able to resume as long as they follow the relevant compliance guidance; depending on whether they are an educational bubble, organised group or celebrating a significant life event.
- From the 21st of June we understand that all social limits will be removed and that as a society we can all progress as normal, with good common sense.
We are aware that there is a Department for Education (DfE) review specifically of school residential trips, mid-March and they will consider if they can allow school residentials after Easter, so from the 12th of April.
All of these dates are subject to the Government’s four criteria being met:
- The vaccine deployment programme continues successfully;
- Evidence shows vaccines are sufficiently effective in reducing hospitalisations and deaths in those vaccinated;
- Infection rates do not risk a surge in hospitalisations which would put unsustainable pressure on the NHS;
- Their assessment of the risks is not fundamentally changed by new Variants of Concern.
We shall monitor official guidance and keep you informed of any changes via our website. If you are concerned about your existing booking please don’t hesitate to contact us and we can look to defer it to a more suitable date. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, via our contact page or call the office on 0151 648 1412. If you have not yet booked with us but are looking to get some vital outdoor education and activities booked for your school/group then please get in touch.
In the meantime, please keep safe and we look forward to welcoming you back to Barnstondale in the very near future.