Applications for this position are now closed. Thank you for your interest.
|Hours of Work:||37.5 Hours (flexible over 7 days)|
|Salary:||Up to £33 000 pa depending on experience|
|Reports to:||Centre Director|
Purpose & Scope of Role:
To ensure the effective running of the site and activity programme at Barnstondale Centre through the management of instructors, enabling staff, equipment and other related resources. You will be the main point of contact for children, teachers, group leaders and families so will need a certain level of experience and understanding of different Client needs, along with being able to liaise with the Centre’s Senior Staff team regarding Client group’s requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Support the Centre in achieving its aims and business outcomes.
2. Understand and abide by the Centre’s Operational Procedures.
3. Ensure the Centre’s facilities and assets are used properly and that all relevant Health & Safety requirements are met, including drafting and monitoring appropriate Risk Assessments in conjunction with the Centre Director.
4. Record accidents or incidents in accordance with Barnstondale Centre policies.
5. Coordinate with all departments to facilitate the daily programme, ensuring compliance with safety regulations and procedures throughout.
6. Lead, manage and motivate a team of staff (up to 15 people) on a day-by-day basis.
7. Deal with queries, complaints, accidents and emergencies in the first instance.
8. Lead, or assist the Centre Director, in the development of site development projects.
9. Work with the Centre Director to ensure that the training needs of the staff are being met.
10. Oversee the Housekeeping Supervisor and Facilities Supervisor regarding the cleaning and maintenance of all Centre facilities to ensure cleanliness and hygiene expectations are always met in conjunction with the Centre Director.
11. Deliver the daily programme, when necessary, ensuring that the sessions are safe and enjoyable to all participants.
12. Undertake evening and weekend duties as required for the service on a flexible basis.
13. Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as deemed relevant by the Centre Director.
Health and Safety:
· To follow all Health, Safety, and Hygiene procedures at all times, be responsible for own Health and Safety and ensure all incidents or accidents are recorded as per company policy.
· Ensure all equipment and general environment is kept clean and safe.
· To ensure complete compliance to the Company Child Protection and Safeguarding procedure and to undertake all relevant and required training.
To demonstrate a commitment to equality of opportunity, working within agreed policies and procedures.
To carry out any other duties reasonably requested.
1. Proven experience as an Operations Manager or similar role.
2. Experience in setting up, planning, running, and developing activities.
3. Confidence and professionalism to be able to take responsibility and act with minimal guidance and supervision and ability to solve problems.
4. Flexibility and the ability to prioritise own time and Centre resources to meet business and client needs.
5. Excellent people skills – experience in managing and/or supervising staff and groups.
6. Ability to plan, including staff training, staff and Client group schedules.
7. Strong administration skills – ability to maintain paperwork, IT skills, and implement policies and procedures.
8. A practical understanding and competence with social media platforms is desirable.
9. Enthusiastic and passionate about working in an activity-based environment.
10. Experience of working with children within an age range of 6-18 years. (Desirable)
1. Educated to University Degree (or significant relevant experience) in Operations Management or related field.
2. Awareness of Health & Safety legislation preferably with IOSH Health & Safety qualification (or willing to undertake training, essential).
3. Driving Licence (D1 desirable).
4. Valid First Aid certificate (or willing to undertake training).
5. Level 3 Safeguarding (desirable).